The vinyl headliner in this era of boat has become an issue for myself and many other Beneteau owners of the same vintage. What has happened is that the foam backed vinyl has dried out and gone powdery and thus separates from the material and it sags and hangs down. The dried foam made a mess of my bedding in the V berth (the front of the boat) and so I’ve started another project. I laundered all the bedding yesterday and spent the afternoon scraping the vinyl off the wall and dried glue that was used to adhere the stuff. It was an awful job. I used my drill with a wire brush to remove the foam and glue. This is going to be a big winter project coming up. For now the right side is still sticking so I will leave that but the same needs to be done throughout the boat.